29th March 2021
Linwave recently was acquired by Alaris Holdings Ltd, a South African Company listed on the Johannesburg stock exchange and have an exciting new vacancy as Finance Manager
The Finance Manager is responsible for the company financial planning and financial reporting, accounting and budget management. This position is hands-on and will serve as senior financial staff position for Linwave. It includes coordinating the relationships with outsourced partners for the HR and IT services to Linwave. The position ensures the company accounting procedures conform to the internal financial control systems and works closely with the Managing Director as well as the Group FM of Alaris Holdings in South Africa to ensure that the financial function adds value to further improve the financial performance of Linwave.
- Direct, coordinate and report on company financial planning, forecasting, and budget management
- Scrutinize expenditure against budget.
- Report the financial status of the company in an open, timely and accurate manner (annual reports, monthly accounts, fixed assets, receivables, payables, bank and cashflow management).
- Proactively evaluate and mitigate risks, and maintain internal controls considering changing trends and market/economic conditions.
- Identify, monitor, and report on the key performance indicators of the
- Safeguard all assets of the company
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and codes of business
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of regulatory and taxation reporting in terms of income taxes, VAT, and other company
- Coordination of annual financial audits and other compliance testing and provide recommendations for procedural
- Provide the necessary IFRS notes for the company.
- Implement and maintain ERP and/or financial and accounting systems, to include daily activity, monthly and annual closings, system maintenance and updates, system integrity and
- Coordinate and assist with inhouse and outsourced human resources and information technology
- Review and confirm accuracy of payroll
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating
- Provide support to the Managing Director with cost accounting calculations for the company’s pricing strategy, and with other financial tasks as needed.
- Manage all company insurance policies in partnership with the Managing Director
- Meet deadlines for JSE regulations regarding publication of results
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management with specialization in
- 3-4 years of applicable work experience within financial management / reporting in a global product sales and manufacturing environment
- Must be computer systems proficient and have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated professional written and verbal communication Ability to produce quality work within tight deadlines while managing multiple projects.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Candidate should have experience and demonstrated success in general finance, reporting, budgeting, forecasting, compliance, and production processes. Candidate should have strong communication skills, a high attention to detail, and ability to work in teams or alone. Should be competent in using database, Excel and resource planning software.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- English language proficiency
- Proficiency with MS Office, expert level Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Microsoft Navision or other well-known ERP applications
- Ability to self-manage, take initiative, plan and prioritize, and work
- Possess strong problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making
- Very detail oriented with the ability to work well under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills (often using Skype or other electronic means).
- Ability to maintain high level of enthusiasm and flexibility
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and register interest